Alison Tschopp Bomberg
Alison focuses her practice on representing private equity and multi-strategy investment funds and their portfolio companies in mergers and acquisitions and a variety of financing transactions in North America, Japan and Greater China. Alison’s clients include BlackRock and Bain Capital.
- Represented Bain Capital in the $1.1 billion acquisition of Bellsystem24, the leading call center operator in Japan. This transaction was awarded "2010 Technology, Media & Telecommunications Deal of the Year" and was a finalist for the "Japan Deal of the Year" in the ALB Japan Law Awards.
- Represented the majority exchangeable bondholder in connection with Jiangsu Zhongneng's debt restructuring and subsequent consolidation with HKSE-listed GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Ltd. This transaction was awarded the ALB China Law Awards 2010 "M&A Deal of the Year".
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of D&M, the maker of Denon, Marantz and Boston Acoustics audio products, which was awarded “2009 Technology, Media & Telecommunications Deal of the Year” in the ALB Japan Law Awards.
- Represented a consortium of Bain Capital, The Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee in the precedent setting $1.7 billion “whole business securitization” used to finance their acquisition of Dunkin’ Brands Inc., the owner of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin Robbins quick-service restaurant brands.
- Chambers Asia: Asia’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2011-2012)
- IFLR: Leading Lawyers/Private Equity/Hong Kong (2011)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008)
- Boston Business Journal - “40 Under 40” (2007)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006, 2007)