Benjamin Freshman is an associate in the corporate department who focuses his practice on transactional matters in a broad range of industries, including technology, retail, and financial services. Benjamin represents private equity sponsors and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, and mergers and acquisitions, both public and private. He also has experience with divestitures, co-investments, and other types of investment transactions. In addition, Benjamin regularly advises portfolio companies on corporate, business law, and governance matters.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Planet Fitness, a national health club chain and franchisor.
- Represented State Street in its $550 million acquisition of Goldman Sachs Administration Services, a leading hedge fund administrator, from The Goldman Sachs Group.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in the $375 million sale of its portfolio company, Navilyst Medical, a provider of medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, to AngioDynamics for a combination of cash and stock consideration.
- Represented TPG Capital in its $850 million carve-out acquisition of the property information business from MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates, a British Columbia-based communications and information technology company.
- Represented KarpReilly in its acquisition of Burger Lounge, an organic burger restaurant chain.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Bain Capital, and Advent International in their $1.2 billion acquisition of SkillSoft, an e-learning company.