Jane D. Goldstein
Jane is co-head of the firm's mergers & acquisitions group as well as the technology, media & telecommunications group. Jane is also head of the firm’s retail & consumer brand practice group, maintaining an office in both New York and Boston. She advises a wide range of public and private companies and their boards of directors with respect to corporate governance, securities regulation and general legal matters. Jane has extensive experience counseling U.S. companies in the retail and consumer products industry. Some of her clients include Keurig Green Mountain, The Timberland Company, Oscar de la Renta Ltd., General Catalyst, and Castanea Partners. Jane is also the Chair of the Firm's Women's Forum and a member of the Diversity Committee.
Represents Keurig Green Mountain, which operates in the specialty coffee industry in North America, in its corporate and securities matters, including its acquisitions of Van Houtte, Inc., Diedrich Coffee, Timothy's Coffees of the World, Inc., Tully’s Coffee Corporation.
Represented The Special Committee of Ness Technologies, an information technology company, in its $337 million sale to Citi Venture Capital.
Represented Timberland Company, a footwear company, in their $2.23 billion sale to V.F. Corporation.
Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International Corporation and Bain Capital in their acquisition of Skillsoft PLC, which provides e-learning and performance support solutions for enterprises worldwide.
Represented Castanea Partners in its acquisitions of Health Resources, LLC, Vitamin Research Products, Inc., manufacturers of nutritional supplement products, and of Donald J. Pliner, Inc., a leading footwear and accessories designer.
Represented Party City Holdings in its $2.69 billion sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, Leading Lawyer (2013-2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2014)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2010-2014)
- Legal 500 (2013-2014)
- “Dealmaker of the Week,” The American Lawyer (2010)
- Lawdragon 500 (2011-2013)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2012-2013)
- Jay Freedman, Jane Goldstein and Larissa Smith, “Financial adviser liable for aiding and abetting board breach of fiduciary duties,” International Law Office (May 7, 2014)
- Jane D. Goldstein and Mark S. Popofsky, “Combatting PAE abuses with the current antitrust arsenal,” InsideCounsel (Feb. 21, 2014)
- Jane D. Goldstein and C. Thomas Brown, “Delaware court advances unified standard for controlling shareholder buy-outs,” International Law Office (ILO) (November 6, 2013)
- Colleen Conry, Jane Goldstein, Natalie Logan and Alicia Suarez, “The Aftermath of Bangladesh: Best Practices in Foreign Markets,” Chain Store Age (August 5, 2013)
- Jane Goldstein, "M&A in 2012: Out with the Old, in with the New?" Deal Lawyer (January/February 2012)
- Speaker, Mergers & Acquisitions, Stanford Law School Eighteenth Annual Directors' College, June 2012
- Speaker, Delaware Law Developments 2012: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know, Deal Lawyers Roundtable - Practicing Law Institute (PLI), June 2012