David advises a wide range of companies, investors, and institutions in all manner of transactions involving intellectual property, including technology licensing, product development collaborations, outsourcing transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, supply arrangements, distribution and co-promotion deals, and other strategic commercial agreements. David has extensive experience advising companies in the life sciences, technology, financial services, and branded product industries with respect to the creation and management of intellectual property, and day-to-day commercial and corporate matters.
David also advises major life sciences, branded product, retail, and financial services companies in connection with privacy and data security matters, including the design and implementation of global privacy and data security programs, privacy issues related to marketing and social media initiatives, and notice issues following data security breaches.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation in connection with various matters, including its:
- Disposition of its genetics testing and diagnostics business units to Laboratory Corporation of America and Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd, respectively;
- License and acquisition agreement under which Genzyme acquired two oncology drugs being marketed worldwide and distribution rights with respect to a Genzyme drug in clinical trials for the treatment of MS from Bayer Schering Pharma AG;
- License and collaboration agreement under which Genzyme acquired rights with respect to the development and commercialization of a cardiovascular drug from Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.;
- License and collaboration agreement under which Genzyme acquired rights with respect to the development and commercialization of a rare nervous system disease from Alnylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in connection with various license and development transactions.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with the outsourcing of its post-proof of concept clinical trial management function to Parexel International, Inc. and Icon Clinical Research Limited as well as other licensing and privacy-related matters.
- Represented Skillsoft Corporation in connection with various commercial, intellectual property, and privacy-related matters.
- Represented theTJX Companies, Inc. and Nationwide Insurance in connection with data security compliance efforts following their widely-publicized computer intrusions.
- Advised TSG Consumer Partners with respect to intellectual property matters in connection with their investments in multiple consumer product companies.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2014)
- PLC Which Lawyer (2010-2011)
- David M. McIntosh, James S. DeGraw, Nathaniel K. Kurtis and Julie D. Polovina, "Meso Scale V. Roche Rethinks Reverse Triangular Mergers," Law360 (March 21, 2013)