Kim B. Nemirow
Kim concentrates her practice on advising multinational organizations and individuals in a wide variety of enforcement investigations, internal investigations, and complex civil litigations. She has extensive experience representing clients on matters involving potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities laws, and numerous health care fraud statutes.
- Represented a global financial institution in an industry-wide FCPA investigation focusing on interactions with Sovereign Wealth Funds.
- Conducted numerous anti-corruption internal investigations in Asia for large multinational companies, including matters throughout China, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
- Conducted extensive anti-corruption and anti-money laundering due diligence in connection with private equity and other investments in high risk countries around the world, including in China, India, Brazil, and Russia.
- Conducted anti-corruption risk assessments for more than 100 private equity portfolio companies around the world, including companies in China, India, Central and South America, Europe, and Africa.
- Developed and implemented anti-corruption compliance programs for several private equity firms and their global portfolio companies.
- Represented multiple major medical device manufacturers in federal criminal investigations into the companies’ marketing practices and relationships with physicians.
- Achieved a dismissal of a False Claims Act action alleging improper marketing practices against a multinational medical device manufacturer.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in several multi-defendant consumer protection actions brought by states’ attorneys general regarding Medicaid pricing fraud.
- Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law -"Rising Star" (2013)
- Co-author, "M&A Litigation Goes Global," Insights (May 2013)
- R. Daniel O’Connor, Kim B. Nemirow and Paul W. Boltz, Jr., "SEC’s Charges Against Chinese Affiliates Of U.S.-Based Accounting Firms Have Broad Implications," Bloomberg BNA Securities Regulation & Law Report (April 2013)
- Panelist, “How to Establish an Effective Third Party Monitoring Program,” American Conference Institute’s 6th China Summit on Anti-Corruption (June 2013)
- Presenter, “Navigating the FCPA “Resource Guide”: Enforcement Trends and Compliance Tips,” Ropes & Gray webinar (November 2012)