R. Bradford Malt
Clients turn to Brad Malt for his rare combination of experience, insight and results. A founder of the firm’s private equity practice, Brad has been described by clients in Chambers Global as “a pivotal industry figure” who is “highly respected for his huge depth of knowledge and experience.” Brad has been repeatedly cited as one of the country’s leading private equity practitioners, and brings the broad perspective of a Chambers-ranked “Senior Statesman” to bear on his clients’ most sensitive and critical business issues.
Clients seek Brad’s results-oriented analysis and advice for complex acquisitions and dispositions, alternative investment activities, financings and portfolio company issues. Brad represents clients that include buyout funds, hedge funds, CBO funds, funds-of-funds, mezzanine funds, pension funds, and other alternative investment funds and investors.
Because of Brad’s extensive private equity experience, he has an exceptionally broad knowledge of industry best practices and market terms and conditions. Over the course of Brad’s career, he has worked with fund sponsors to raise funds, improve operations, implement growth strategies and position portfolio companies to compete in a global marketplace.
Brad also regularly advises fund sponsors on relationships among partners, organizational structure, effective policies and procedures, and other matters that are critical to fund leadership teams. Brad served as sole trustee of the Romney blind trusts during Mitt Romney’s tenure as governor of Massachusetts and during his two presidential runs, and Brad was a close adviser to Mr. Romney’s political campaigns.
Clients tell Chambers that Brad is “one of the brightest minds in the legal profession” and say simply that he is “the guy that you call when there’s a problem.” Brad has felt privileged to support his clients in helping companies grow, innovate, create jobs and improve communities.
Brad serves as chair of Ropes & Gray’s policy committee.
- The Best Lawyers in America (1995-2014)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2014)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-2014)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2004-2011)
- Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in American (2006)
- PLC Which Lawyer (2006, 2010-2011)
- Top 45 lawyers in the country under the age of 45 by The American Lawyer (1995)
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in Finance and Industry
- The American Lawyer "heavy hitters"
- Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Private Equity Lawyers