Cameron Casey provides comprehensive estate planning advice to high-net-worth individuals and families and plays an active role in the Private Client Group’s trust and estate administration practice. Cameron also advises nonprofit organizations and their donors with respect to charitable planning matters.
- Collaborates with private clients on the development of tax-efficient estate plans that also achieve clients’ non-tax goals.
- Develops wealth transfer strategies for private clients, using leveraging techniques that include grantor retained annuity trusts, sales to intentionally-defective grantor trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and charitable lead trusts.
- Counsels private clients regarding the creation and administration of tax-exempt charitable giving vehicles, including private foundations, supporting organizations and donor advised fund accounts.
- Advises colleges, universities, museums, and hospitals regarding the structure, implementation and administration of planned giving arrangements, including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds, pledges, and gift agreements.
- Counsels trustees of split-interest and other charitable trusts regarding the resolution of complex tax and fiduciary issues.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2011-2013)
Cameron has given presentations on estate and charitable planning topics at programs sponsored by Harvard Business School, Harvard Law School, the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the Boston Security Analysts Society and the Planned Giving Group of New England.