Christopher C. Henry
Chris joined the firm in 1998 and has been a partner in the Corporate Department and Private Equity Group since 2006. Chris’s practice focuses on representing public companies, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, and privately-owned businesses in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, growth investments, dispositions, joint ventures and equity and debt financings.
His experience spans a broad spectrum of business sectors including financial services, asset management, technology and software, energy, professional and other services, manufacturing, publishing and media, consumer and retail, food and restaurant, and defense and law enforcement.
Chris represents clients such as Bain Capital, Green Mountain Energy Company, Kohlberg & Company, Monitor Clipper Partners, Palladium Equity Partners, Point Lookout Capital, Sankaty Advisors, State Street Bank, Two Sigma Investments and Weston Presidio.
- Represented the National Football League in organizing its strategic partnership with Providence Equity Partners focusing on sports and entertainment-related media assets.
- Represented Bain Capital Ventures in its sale of its interest in iPay Technologies, an online bill paying software company, in the sale of dynaTrace software to Compuware, in its acquisition of MDS Pharma Services, a division of MDS Inc and provider of drug discovery and development solutions for pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, and in its sale of Archer Technologies, a software company focused on enterprise governance, risk and compliance solutions.
- Represented Bain Capital Ventures and Shamrock Capital in their acquisition of Publishing Group of America, a publisher of magazines and newspaper inserts.
- Represented DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST) in its acquisition of ALPS Holdings, Inc., a provider of outsourced back-office administrative and distribution services to the investment management industry.
- Represented Green Mountain Energy Company in its sale to NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG).
- Represented Point Lookout Capital in its acquisitions of Combined Systems, a manufacturer of munitions for defense and law enforcement, and Tri-Tech Forensics, a manufacturer of forensic kits and related products.
- Represented State Street Bank in its acquisition of the fund administration services business of Goldman Sachs.
- Represented State Street Bank in its sale of CitiStreet, a leading provider of retirement benefits services.
- Represented SteelPath Capital Management in its sale to Oppenheimer Funds, Inc.
- Represented Monitor Clipper Partners in its acquisition of Technology Partners International, a provider of outsourcing consulting services, and later sale to a special purpose acquisition corporation (or SPAC).
- Represented Weston Presidio in its acquisition, and later sale, of Summit Energy, a provider of energy management services, in various follow-on acquisitions by portfolio company Cellu Tissue Holdings, a manufacturer and converter of tissue and paper products, and in the sale of the worldwide feeding business of Evenflo Company.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $3.0 billion going private acquisition of OSI Restaurant Partners, whose restaurant concepts include Outback Steakhouse.
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2012)