Daniel Levin joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 as an associate practicing in the Tax & Benefits Department. Dan advises clients on a wide variety of matters, including domestic and international transactional and investment planning for public and private companies, institutional investors, investment funds and fund sponsors and tax-exempt organizations.
- Represented a multinational public life sciences company on tax matters relating to the sale of a laboratory research technology business line for approximately $730 million;
- Represented a private equity-backed life sciences company on tax aspects of an approximately $85 million strategic acquisition;
- Advised a private equity-backed telecommunications company on tax matters relating to the refinancing of term loan and bond debt;
- Advised a tax-exempt institutional investor on the tax structuring of seven real estate investment program joint ventures with numerous managers;
- Advised sophisticated investment fund manager on tax structure alternatives in connection with the formation of a new hedge fund for U.S. tax-exempt and non-U.S. institutional investors; and
- Advised a non-U.S. family office on U.S. and international tax considerations relating to proposed investments in a variety of private investment funds and investment management agreements for commitments in excess of $250 million.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013)
- "Breaking the Buck: The End for Money Market Mutual Funds as We Know Them," 28 Review of Banking and Financial Law 747 (2009).