David C. Chapin
David is the managing partner of the firm, and focuses on private equity transactions and mergers and acquisitions involving public companies. David has broad experience representing clients in a wide variety of financial and strategic transactions, including special committees in change of control transactions. David regularly represents Berkshire Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners, and Weston Presidio, as well as a number of other private equity funds.
- Represented Blackstone Group in its $3 billion acquisition of Emdeon, a health care services provider.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Ness Technologies in its $350 million acquisition by CVCI.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International Corporation and Bain Capital in their $1.1 billion acquisition of Skillsoft PLC, a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider of on-demand e-Learning and performance support solutions.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv, Inc., a pharmaceutical service provider.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its proposed $928 million acquisition of CKE Restaurants, operator of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's restaurants.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Affiliated Computer Services in its $8 billion acquisition by Xerox.
- Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Bare Escentuals in its $1.8 billion acquisition by Shiseido Co.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital in their $26 billion acquisition of Clear Channel Communications.
- Represented Bain Capital, Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners in their $2.4 billion acquisition of Dunkin' Donuts.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in the $3.6 billion acquisition of West Corporation, a leading customer relationship management (CRM) solution provider.
- Represented Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group in the $6 billion acquisition of Michaels Stores, the leading arts and crafts retail chain.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Amscan Holdings, a leading designer and distributor of decorated party goods.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006-2013)
- IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms (2013)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2013)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-2012)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2008-2012)
- “Dealmaker of the Year,” The American Lawyer (2007)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2007-2012)
- Lawdragon 500: “New Stars, New Worlds” (2006)
- Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in America (2006, 2010-2012)