Geoffrey M. Mason
Geoff Mason joined Ropes & Gray in 2005, and is an associate in the private client group. Geoff focuses his practice on estate planning, trust administration and charitable gift planning. Geoff works closely with a number of high net worth clients, including entrepreneurs, corporate executives and private equity and venture capital principals, to develop and implement estate and gift plans that meet their personal and financial goals in a tax-efficient manner. Geoff also advises trust companies and planned giving offices of major non-profit organizations with respect to charitable trust administration and planned giving.
- Represented founder and executive of major technology company in estate, gift and charitable planning matters from early stages of company through IPO.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of years-long plan to transfer ownership of privately-held company to second and subsequent generations over several years.
- Worked with donor to develop a $20 million charitable commitment to a university, including outright gifts, charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts.
- Represents State Street Global Advisors’ Charitable Asset Management Group in connection with their administration of charitable trusts and gift annuity programs.
- Developed and implemented gift program, including taxable gifts and GRATs, for owner of large, privately-held company.
- Presenter, SSgA Annual Gift Planning Conferences (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013)
- Presenter, MCLE 14th Annual New England Estate Planning Conference
- Presenter, Boston Bar Association, Brown Bag Lunch Sessions (2007, 2011 and 2012)