Howard S. Glazer
Howard has broad transactional experience and has built a practice which focuses on providing pragmatic advice in connection with structuring and negotiating mergers & acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations, preferred equity investments, workouts and restructurings. Howard represents private equity sponsors such as Bain Capital, Genstar Capital, Altamont Capital Partners and TPG Capital.
Prior to joining the firm, Howard worked in the Creditors' Rights department of a major New York law firm where his experience ranged from representing a Creditors Committee in a contested multibillion-dollar Chapter 11 proceeding to representing financial institutions and distressed companies in workouts and restructurings.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of Richard's, Carlton's and Blue Ribbon premium specialty foods brands from Atlantic Premium Brands, Ltd.
- Represented Genstar Capital in their acquisition of LexisNexis Risk Solutions insurance software division creating new company Insurity Inc.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of insurance loss adjusters McLarens Young International and Airclaims Ltd.
- Represented Avaya, a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners and TPG, in its $915M acquisition of Nortel's enterprise solutions business.
- Represented TravelClick, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in its acquisition of Rubicon, a provider or market intelligence to the global travel industry, and EZ Yield, a worldwide leader in online hotel channel management software.