Jason E. Dunn
Jason has experience in all aspects of real estate law, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, financing, and joint ventures. A significant component of Jason's practice involves the representation of real estate investors in their direct investments in real estate. Through his representation of pension funds and other tax-exempt investors, Jason has experience with tax-advantaged transaction structures and the real estate aspects of the plan asset regulations under ERISA.
- Formation of a rollup joint venture consisting of approximately 3 million square feet of U.S. retail properties, and the sale of The Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, Tennessee and The Gardens on El Paseo and El Paseo Village in Palm Desert, California to The Taubman Realty Group Limited Partnership for $560 million (consisting of assumed debt, UPREIT partnership units and installment notes).
- Formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop a portfolio of transportation-related cargo and warehouse distribution facilities at or near major airports throughout the U.S. The joint venture currently holds a portfolio of over 30 investments totaling approximately 8 million square feet of property.
- Representation of a foreign pension fund investor in connection with its joint venture and commingled fund investments in U.S. real estate, including:
- 50% investment in a joint venture to acquire market dominant malls throughout the United States and the initial investment in mall assets having a gross asset value in excess of $1.5 billion.
- Anchor investment in a commingled fund with capital commitments of $500 million to $1 billion that is targeting a value-add investment strategy in real estate assets located in major markets of the United States, with an emphasis on commercial office.
- Representation of a U.S. corporate pension fund investor in connection with its direct investments in all sectors of U.S. real estate, including:
- $50 million equity commitment to a $240 million (levered) multi-state retail acquisition program investment with a publicly-traded REIT.
- $30 million equity commitment to a $900 million (levered) acquisition and development program that targets rent-stabilized multi-family residential projects in New York City.
- Representation of Northfield Mount Hermon School in connection with the sale and partial lease-back of its campus in Northfield, Massachusetts (approximately 225 acres and 450,000 s.f. of building area).
- Representation of Willowbend Development in connection with its development of the Liberty National Golf Club in Jersey City, NJ, including: land acquisition (assembly of parcels through contract with local redevelopment agency); joint venture with local developer; NJ brownfield redevelopment program; golf course membership documents; and JV recapitalization.
- Representation of the Massachusetts Medical Society in connection with its joint development with Leggat McCall Properties of Waltham Woods Corporate Center in Waltham, Massachusetts, and its ground lease to Raytheon Company for the development of its world headquarters building.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2014)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2008-2013)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2005-2007)