Jason focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, public and private mergers and acquisitions, PIPE investments and other direct investments. He also advises clients on corporate governance, securities law, compliance and other general corporate matters. Jason regularly works with private equity sponsors such as Altamont Capital, Audax Group, Bain Capital, The Blackstone Group, Genstar Capital and TPG Capital.
Jason joined the firm in 2005 after clerking at the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of Mervin Manufacturing, a maker of snowboarding hardware equipment, from Quiksilver, Inc.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its AUD$395 million financing of Billabong and acquisition of the DaKine brand from Billabong.
- Represented Russian Standard, a leading private company in Russia with interests in premium vodka, spirits distribution, banking and insurance, in connection with its strategic alliance with Central European Distribution Corporation, a NASDAQ listed spirits distributor in Eastern Europe and Russia.
- Represented TPG Opportunities Partners and Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Represented Altamont Capital in connection with its PIPE investments in Meta Financial Group, a NASDAQ listed bank holding company.
- Represented Genstar Capital with its acquisition of Innovative Aftermarket Systems, a marketer, administrator and underwriter of vehicle protection products and related services.
- Represented TPG Capital in the $3 billion acquisition of J. Crew, a leading American clothing retailer, and the $1.5 billion acquisition of Ontex, a leading European diaper manufacturer.
- Represented Bain Capital in the $1.8 billion acquisition of Gymboree, a leading American children's clothing retailer.
- Represented Castanea Partners in the simultaneous acquisition of Health Resources and Vitamin Resource Products, leading American vitamin companies.
- Represented the special committee of independent directors of Airvana, an American maker of mobile broadband network equipment, throughout its strategic review process, culminating in its sale to SAC Capital.
- James T. Lidbury and Jason Freedman, “The unconflicted board and Revlon duties,” International Law Office (ILO) (November 6, 2013)