Jesse J. Jenner
Jesse Jenner is a partner in Ropes & Gray's Intellectual Property Group and a member of the firm's Policy Committee. He joined Ropes & Gray in 2005 when it merged with Fish & Neave, the firm where he had been a partner since 1981 and served as Managing Partner from 2000 through 2004. Jesse has over 35 years of experience with patent lawsuits, including numerous Federal Circuit appeals. He litigates in all technological areas, but his trial practice has focused particularly in electronics and electronic products, semiconductor technology and manufacturing, medical products, telecommunications and the Internet.
Jesse has been lead counsel in more than 100 lawsuits, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. Representative clients include Cognex, Emerson Electric, Ford, Georgia Pacific, LG Electronics, Lucent, Motorola, Pitney Bowes, Symbol Technologies and Varian. His most well-known case was a two-and-a-half month trial on behalf of Cognex, the leading machine vision manufacturer, and the bar code manufacturing industry led by Symbol Technologies, against the Lemelson Foundation, which resulted in a judgment that 76 claims of 16 Lemelson patents were invalid, unenforceable and not infringed. He also argued the appeal to the Federal Circuit that established the viability of the prosecution laches defense.
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America (since inception)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2014)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2003-2013)
- Managing IP – “IP Star” (2013)
- IAM 250: “World’s Leading Patent Litigators" (2011)
- The International Who’s Who of Patent Lawyers (2011)
- New York Super Lawyers (2006-2013)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2007, 2008, 2010-2012)
- Euromoney's The Best of the Best (2006, 2008)
- Euromoney's The Best of the Best U.S.A. (2008)
- Lawdragon500: Leading Attorneys in America (2005-2013)
- IAM Patent 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Practitioners (2013)