Katerina Sandford joined Ropes & Gray in 2012 as an associate in the private investment funds group. Katerina has a broad range of experience in advising private equity funds and other investment managers and advisers on UK and European financial services regulation.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Opportunities Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advising various investment managers UK and European financial services regulation, including the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and the Payment Services Directive.
- Advising various investment managers on compliance systems and controls including anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery, market abuse and data protection.
- Acting for various investment managers in M&A transactions and providing support on corporate transactions, particularly undertaking regulatory due diligence of target companies and advising on regulatory filings and approvals.
- Advising private equity managers on their options for structuring their European businesses and fund raising in Europe in light of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, as well as fund raising restrictions and requirements in various other jurisdictions, including the Middle East and Asia.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- “The Impact of the RDR on alternative investment managers,” International Banking and Financial Law (January 2013)