Mark W. Bellomy
Mark advises a wide range of companies, investors and institutions in intellectual property and corporate matters. His practice focuses primarily on technology-based corporate transactions, including licensing, research and development collaborations, strategic commercial partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, information-technology outsourcing, joint ventures, technology transfers, product development, supply and distribution relationships and corporate finance transactions. He also provides clients with strategic advice regarding the creation and management of intellectual property assets and day-to-day commercial and corporate matters. Mark is a patent attorney registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and has experience prosecuting patent applications relating to software, electromechanical devices and consumer goods.
Prior to attending law school, Mark served as a cavalry officer and scout platoon leader in the United States Army. Mark has also served as in-house counsel for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
- Represented a leading global pharmaceutical company in establishing multiple strategic research and development outsourcing relationships.
- Represented Bain Capital with respect to trademark, branding and other intellectual property matters in connection with its $3 billion going private acquisition of OSI Restaurant Partners, whose restaurant concepts include Outback Steakhouse.
- Represented Pfizer, Becton Dickenson and other leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies in connection with multiple licensing, collaboration, co-promotion, distribution and manufacturing relationships.
- Represented a major pharmacy benefits manager in renegotiation of a troubled, mission-critical IT outsourcing relationship and subsequent RFP for and negotiation of a successful replacement IT outsourcing relationship.
- Represented leading pharmaceutical, medical device and medical technology companies in the development and implementation of licensing and collaboration best practices programs.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2009)