Mark represents private equity firms, hedge funds, health care providers, pharmaceutical companies, religious institutions, and clients in other industries in complex commercial disputes, qui tam litigation, internal and government investigations, securities enforcement, and antitrust enforcement.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark spent a year at Greater Boston Legal Services in Cambridge, litigating housing and public benefits cases. Mark continues to represent housing clients through Ropes & Gray’s pro bono program.
- Representing a large health care services company in state court litigation involving a dispute over a joint venture.
- Representing a private equity firm in litigation brought by former public company shareholders after a take-private transaction.
- Representing entities under investigation by the SEC in connection with insider trading allegations.
- Representing a national health care services company in a DOJ investigation into alleged Medicare fraud.
- Represented a prominent health care provider in a state qui tam action, which was dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in successfully recovering funds from its former insurance broker.
- Represented a teaching hospital in obtaining a favorable settlement to resolve a False Claims Act investigation.
- Has represented several companies, including buyers and sellers, in obtaining regulatory antitrust clearance for large transactions.
- Represents families threatened with eviction and individuals faced with potential deportation.