Marko S. Zatylny
Marko focuses his practice on advising public and private companies in securities matters, mergers & acquisitions, and corporate governance issues. He handles transactions for both companies and investment banks in a number of industries, including life sciences, financial services, and retail and consumer, and his clients include companies such as Becton Dickinson, Covidien, Domino’s Pizza, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and LPL Financial. In April 2012, Marko was named “Deal Maker of the Week” by American Lawyer for his work on recent transactions including Becton Dickinson’s agreement to sell a majority of its BD Biosciences - Discovery Labware unit to Corning and URL Pharma’s pending sale to Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in Japan.
- Represented Becton Dickinson, a global medical technology company, in a number of divestitures and acquisitions, including in its recently announced sale of its Discovery Labware unit.
- Represented Pfizer, the world's largest research-based pharmaceutical company, in its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel drugs for the treatment of skin scarring.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the initial public offering of M/A-Com Technology Solutions, a leading supplier of high performance analog semiconductor solutions for use in radio frequency (RF), microwave, and millimeter wave applications.
- Represented LPL Financial Holdings, the holding company for one of the largest brokerage firms in the U.S., in its $522 million initial public offering and subsequent follow on offerings.
- Represented Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, a provider and marketer of coffee in the United States and internationally, in its recent $610 million follow on equity offering.
- Represented Covidien, a leading global provider of health care products, in several acquisitions, including in its acquisitions of ev3 and Aspect Medical Systems.
- Represented URL Pharma, a Philadelphia-based specialty drug company, in its announced sale to Takeda Pharmaceutical Company for $800 million plus contingent earn-out payments.
- Represented a number of clients in the negotiation of various power and energy contracts, including in the renewable energy sector.
- “Dealmaker of the Week” The American Lawyer (2012)