Martin J. Crisp
Martin focuses his practice in the areas of transactional and securities litigation and works with private equity and public company clients to defend against suits filed in connection with merger transactions – including strategic, financial and going private transactions. In addition, he also represents clients in federal securities actions and in related government investigations.
- J.Crew Group: Member of deal and litigation team that successfully represented TPG Capital in defense of multiple shareholder actions in Delaware and New York challenging TPG’s $3 billion acquisition of J.Crew.
- Par Pharmaceutical Companies: Member of deal and litigation team that successfully represented TPG Capital in defense of multiple shareholder actions in Delaware and New Jersey challenging TPG’s $2 billion acquisition of Par.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals: Member of deal and litigation teams that successfully represented Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in shareholder actions challenging multiple transactions, including Cubist’s $400 million acquisition of Adolor Corporation, its $800 million acquisition of Trius Therapeutics, Inc. and its $800 million acquisition of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Gymboree: Member of deal and litigation teams that successfully represented Bain Capital in defense of multiple shareholder actions challenging Bain’s $1.8 billion acquisition of Gymboree Corp.
- Special Committee of Affiliated Computer Services: Member of deal and litigation team that successfully represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. in defense of multiple shareholder actions in Delaware and Texas challenging the $6.4 billion acquisition of ACS by Xerox Corporation.
- Large International Investment Company: Representing multiple foreign subsidiaries of a London-based investment firm in litigations in U.S. bankruptcy court relating to the Madoff investment fraud.
- Multinational Financial Institution: Representing a major financial institution in an SEC inquiry concerning the marketing and sale of structured financial products.
- Multinational Financial Institutions: Represented two major multinational financial institutions in actions filed in Delaware, New York and Texas alleging breach of contract and business tort claims and seeking over $8 billion in damages.
- International Media & Telecommunications Company: Represented a multinational media and telecommunications company in a $5 billion federal securities class action alleging that the company systematically inflated its reported earnings over a two-year period.
- Christopher G. Green, Peter L. Welsh, and Martin J. Crisp, “’Controlling’ Stockholder Liability,” Insights (October 2013)
- Peter L. Welsh and Martin J. Crisp, “Recent Decision Denies Derivative Standing to Creditors of Insolvent LLCs,” Insights (October 2011)
- Peter L. Welsh and Martin J. Crisp, “Recent Decision Provides Guidance on the Enforceability of Exclusive Forum Selection Clauses,” Insights (February 2011)
- Peter L. Welsh and Martin J. Crisp, "Short Form Appraisal Notices Get Renewed Scrutiny," Insights (October 2010)