Nathaniel K. Kurtis
AssociateNate advises a wide range of public and private companies, investors, and universities in a variety of transactions involving corporate and intellectual property matters, including technology licensing and transfer, product development collaborations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, research-related agreements, supply arrangements, distribution and co-promotion arrangements, outsourcing transactions, and other strategic commercial transactions.
Nate works with companies in a broad range of industries including technology, software, retail and branded products, media, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, and finance.
Nate joined the firm in 2010 following a year-long fellowship with the Belin Economic Justice Project of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law of the Boston Bar Association.
- Represented Broad Institute in a strategic alliance with Bayer Healthcare to discover and develop therapeutic agents that target cancer genome alterations.
- Represented Foundation Medicine in connection with its supply, service and support agreement with Illumina Inc., a supplier of gene sequencing equipment.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in connection with a product development and commercialization arrangement with a small biotechnology company.
- David M. McIntosh, James S. DeGraw, Nathaniel K. Kurtis and Julie D. Polovina, "Meso Scale v. Roche Rethinks Reverse Triangular Mergers," Law360 (March 21, 2013)
- Presenter, “License Agreements in Reverse Triangular Mergers: Meso Scale and Current M&A Practice,” Boston Bar Association (May 17, 2012)
- Presenter, “Fair Use in U.S. Copyright Law & Open Source Software,” University of New Hampshire, Innovation Catalyst Seminar Series (February 23, 2012)