Patrick Diaz represents companies and private equity funds in connection with merger and acquisition and other transactions, including leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, debt and equity financings, add-on acquisitions, agreements among investors, management incentive arrangements and exit transactions. Patrick also works with investors in troubled companies and the acquirers of troubled companies in both bankruptcy court supervised and out-of-court restructurings. In addition, Patrick is a member of the firm’s Special Situations Group, a multi-disciplinary practice focusing on the needs of clients making opportunistic investments in distressed or illiquid assets. Representative clients include Bain Capital, The Baupost Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Represented Baker Capital in the sale of Adaptix, Inc.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners and Bain Capital Ventures in connection with the sale of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius.
- Represented second-lien debt holder / equity investor consortium, including Centerbridge and Monarch Capital, in the recapitalization of Satmex.
- Represented Palisades Management and controlling sponsor PE funds in the sale of TVC Communications.
- Represented equity investor consortium (Centerbridge, MAK Capital and Sankaty) in the acquisition of Champion Home Builders in a bankruptcy auction.
- Represented Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners in $26 billion acquisition of Clear Channel Communications.
- Represented Bain Capital, Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners in $2.4 billion acquisition of Dunkin' Brands.
- Represented Bain Capital and Interpath in connection with acquisition of USinternetworking and subsequent sale to AT&T.
- Represented various PE fund and other clients in connection with range of other investments in industries ranging from software, information services, staffing, hospital and healthcare, restaurant, building products, gaming, exercise equipment, investment management, publishing and other businesses.
- The Best Lawyers in America (2008-2014)
- James M. Wilton, Edward Black, Patrick Diaz and Stephen Moeller-Sally, "Tackling Rights Of Trademark Licensees In Bankruptcy," Law360 (September 20, 2012)