Robert G. Jones
Rob focuses on business and securities litigation, including securities class action defense, corporate governance and shareholder suits, deal-related litigation, securities enforcement matters, and other complex commercial disputes. He has represented public corporations, financial services and investment management firms, private equity clients, and individual officers and directors in corporate and securities disputes in a variety of state and federal jurisdictions. His work also includes high-profile securities enforcement matters for large operating companies, as well as investment management and financial services firms. Rob serves as co-head of the firm's litigation department.
- Javelin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Lead counsel on behalf of seller that successfully sought to enforce terms of merger agreement in Delaware Chancery Court and force buyer to close tender offer and complete negotiated transaction.
- Xerium Technologies, Inc. Lead counsel for Xerium in connection with federal securities class action under Section 11 of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Former Governor of Massachusetts Willard Mitt Romney. Lead trial counsel on behalf of former governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts against claims by political appointee arising from appointee's contested resignation from office.
- Genzyme Corporation. Counsel for Genzyme on a variety of matters, including federal securities class action and state law actions arising from Genzyme's elimination of its tracking stock capital structure in 2003.
- State Street Bank & Trust Co. Lead counsel for State Street in connection with SEC enforcement matter arising from investments in sub-prime-related securities by certain unregistered investment trusts and disclosures in connection with those investments.
- Pioneer Investments. Lead counsel for Pioneer on a variety of SEC enforcement matters.
- Evergreen Funds. Lead counsel on behalf of Evergreen Fixed Income Trust and independent trustees in federal securities class action arising out of investments by Evergreen Ultra Short Fund in mortgage-related securities and related disclosures.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2013-2014)