Steven R. Rutkovsky
Steve focuses his practice on complex leveraged finance and private equity transactions. He regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a broad range of financing transactions, including senior secured credit facilities, high yield bond offerings, mezzanine loans, and debt tender and exchange offers. Steve also represents private debt funds and other institutional investors in senior and mezzanine lending, distressed debt, and special situation transactions. Steve is chair of the firm’s Opinion Practices Committee.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands’ Inc. in structuring and obtaining financing for its $2.4 billion buyout by Bain Capital, Thomas H. Lee Partners and the Carlyle Group and subsequent refinancing in connection with its initial public offering.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Bain Capital and Advent International in structuring and obtaining financing for the $1.2 billion buyout of SkillSoft Ltd., a provider of cloud-based learning software and services.
- Represented Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners in structuring and obtaining $18.8 billion of financing for the $24 billion buyout of Clear Channel Communications, Inc.
- Represented Altamont Capital in obtaining middle market financing for the acquisition of several specialty foods brands for its Tall Tree Food platform.
- Represented Smile Brands Group, Inc. in obtaining a $275 million credit facility for its acquisition by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
- Represented a distressed credit fund in connection with its investment in a $75 million secured term loan to a natural resources company.
- New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition (Bankruptcy & Creditors/Debtor Rights) (2010, 2013)
- Quoted, “TRLPC: Burger King markets $7.25 billion loan package for Tim Hortons buy,” Reuters (September 11, 2014)
- Quoted, “Lenders Loosen Up,” M&A Magazine (May 19, 2014)
- Quoted, “Sense of the markets: Terms tighten on middle market loans,” The Deal (April 16, 2014)