Steven R. Rutkovsky
Steve focuses his practice on complex acquisition and leveraged financings. Steve regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a broad range of financing transactions, including senior secured credit facilities, high yield bond offerings, bridge loans, mezzanine financings and asset-based loans. Steve also represents lenders in mezzanine financings and cross-border credit facilities. Steve is Chair of our Opinion Practices Committee.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its AUD$395 million financing of Billabong.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its acquisition of Richard's, Carlton's and Blue Ribbon premium specialty foods brands from Atlantic Premium Brands, Ltd.
- Represented Dunkin Brands’ Inc. in refinancing its whole business securitization through the issuance of $1.375 million of senior secured credit facilities and $625 million of senior notes.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Bain Capital and Advent International in structuring and obtaining $675 million of aggregate financing for the $1.2 billion buyout of SkillSoft.
- Represented Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners in structuring and obtaining $18.8 billion of aggregate financing for the $24 billion buyout of Clear Channel Communications, Inc.
- New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition (Bankruptcy & Creditors/Debtor Rights) (2010, 2013)