Anne Phillips Ogilby
Anne provides transactional and general counseling advice to health care, higher education, and other non-profit entities. She is the practice group leader of the firm's public finance group and former co-chair of the firm's health care group. Anne also devotes a significant portion of her time to general corporate counseling, including advising boards of directors on fiduciary duties, as well as operational and compliance matters.
- Anne has participated in more than 200 tax-exempt and taxable financings. She was the author of the 2008 request to the SEC that resulted in a no action letter permitting tax-exempt borrowers to bid in their own auctions for auction rates securities, thereby providing an exit mechanism for clients caught in the collapse of the auction market. She is particularly familiar with the challenges facing non-profit institutions in financial distress.
- Anne has also led many corporate affiliations, divestitures, and restructurings of health care systems, including affiliations between community hospitals; affiliations among academic medical centers and community hospitals; and affiliations and disaffiliations involving multiple academic medical centers and health care systems.
- Legal 500 (2013-2015)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2001-2015)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2015)
- Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in America
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News, Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyers