Allison C. Ambrose
Allison Ambrose advises public and private companies on corporate governance issues, securities law compliance, debt and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and collaboration arrangements, and other general corporate matters. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies, venture capital and private equity investors, and corporate issuers and major investment banks in capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Allison worked as an analyst for a high-growth technology startup and the U.S. Department of Energy. During law school, she worked for the World Bank and in the Office of the General Counsel for the U.S. Department of Energy. Allison also served as editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Journal of International Law.
- Represented Verastem, Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company, in its $35 million at-the-market equity offering and in its license agreement with Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop and commercialize a product candidate in oncology indications.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in its collaboration with T2 Biosystems, Inc. to develop a diagnostic panel to detect antibiotic resistance.
- Represented Albireo Limited in its business combination with Biodel Inc.
- Represented a global semiconductor company in its implementation of domestic and international licensing and cost sharing relationships.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a transaction with AstraZeneca for certain products related to the treatment of gout, under which Ironwood will make an upfront payment to AstraZeneca of $100 million plus future royalties and up to $165 million in milestones and AstraZeneca will provide certain transitional support services to Ironwood.
- Represented Hutchison China MediTech Limited (Chi-Med), a China-based health care group and one of the largest biotech companies in Asia, in its $101 million U.S. IPO and listing on NASDAQ. BofA Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as joint book runners for this offering.
- Represented the venture capital division of a global pharmaceutical company in its $15 million Series A financing of a biotechnology company focused on the development of novel therapeutics and diagnostics for Alzheimer’s disease and other degenerative disorders and its $46 million Series B financing of a medical device company developing biologically-guided radiation therapy.
- Represented underwriter Goldman, Sachs & Co. in a $370 million secondary offering of Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., one of the world’s largest casual dining restaurant companies.
- Represented underwriters Credit Suisse and BofA Merrill Lynch in a $550 million secondary offering of HD Supply Holdings, Inc., one of the largest industrial distributors in North America.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its public offering of $750 million of notes.
- Represented Acceleron Pharma Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company that develops protein therapeutics for cancer and rare diseases, in its $129 million and $150 million follow-on offerings.
- Co-Author, “New regulations likely to slow 'inversion' deal activity,” International Law Office (January 28, 2015)