Chiara Alfano joined Ropes & Gray in the corporate department. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Chiara trained with a Magic Circle law firm in their London and Tokyo offices.
Chiara has a range of experience acting for private equity and corporate clients on domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial law.
Chiara is currently on assignment as a Legal Manager in the Hong Kong office.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in the sale of Tuskerdirect Limited to ECI Partners LLP.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of TI Automotive for $2.4 billion.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Group, a managed data services specialist.
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld.
- Advising Platinum Equity on the acquisition of the assets of out-of-home advertising company CBS Outdoor Limited for c. $225m
- Acting for Cinven on the auction sale of energy outsourcing business Inenco Group to funds managed by Vitruvian Limited
- Advising Actis on the sale of its majority stake in lender DFCU Bank Limited to Norfund and Rabobank through an initial public offering on the Ugandan Securities Exchange
- Acting for Actis on their minority investment in Egyptian snack food company Edita
- Acting for Barclays Bank plc on the disposal of Barclays Infrastructure Funds Management Limited to 3i Group plc