Daniel B. Adams
Dan joined Ropes & Gray in 2004 and is counsel in the sports law group.
Dan’s practice focuses primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other investments. He also advises on corporate governance and other general corporate matters. As a member of the sports law group, Dan negotiates the employment, sponsorship, media and speaking arrangements for various collegiate and professional coaches, administrators and broadcasters. In addition, Dan negotiates sponsorship, licensing, joint venture, broadcast and media rights and sports venue leasing transactions.
Dan has acquisition experience in a broad range of industries, including amateur, collegiate and professional athletics, technology, media, retail, health care, consumer products and financial services. Dan recently negotiated the acquisition of a minority interest in a major league baseball team.
- Advised client in connection with its multi-year broadcast and media rights agreement with Turner Sports.
- Negotiated venue lease agreement with Brooklyn Nets to host one of the first ever sporting events at the Barclays Center.
- Counseled various clients in connection with sponsorship agreements with AT&T, LG, Allstate, Under Armour, Coca-Cola, Citibank, Spalding, Nike, Northwestern Mutual, Buick, Hershey’s, Upper Deck, Choice Hotels, UPS, New Balance, Sprint, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Unilever, Werner Ladder, adidas, USA Today, Lowe’s, Capital One, Nabisco, Infiniti and Verizon.
- Represented client in its negotiations with the Sprint Center in Kansas City to hold annual sporting event.
- Negotiated multi-year broadcast agreement with ESPN.