Karla Aglugub joined the corporate and private equity group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2015. Before joining the firm, Karla trained at a large, international law firm with a strong focus on the financial services, energy, and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sectors. During her training, she also gained in-house commercial experience as a secondee to Amazon’s UK legal team.
Karla assists the corporate and private equity team on a broad range of transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law as well as advising institutional investors in connection with their private fund related investments on a secondary and co-investment basis.
- Acting for TPG Capital on the sale of its joint venture stake in Denmark’s Saxo Bank to Geely, a Chinese corporate, and Sampo, a Finnish insurance company
- Acting for Macquarie Capital in relation to Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ US$135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its:
- US$5.3billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout
- investment in Blackrock Programme Management (Blackrock PM), a UK-headquartered professional services firm that provides construction consulting and expert witness services for large, international construction and engineering projects
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer manufacturer
- Acting for 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel, a provider of tailor-made experiential holidays
- Acting for TPG Capital, and its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec on the acquisition of Vitreq, a Swedish medical devices company
- Acting for Kanders & Company, and its portfolio company The Safariland Group, on the acquisition of Aegis Engineering and LBA International
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia in its acquisition of a 40 percent stake in Weetabix Food Company in the UK from Bright Food, a China state-owned food manufacturing company
- Acting for Baillie Gifford in connection with its minority investment in HelloFresh
- Acting for TES Global Ltd in connection with its acquisition of Hibernia College UK Limited
- Acting for GSI Group, Inc. on the sale of its JK Lasers business with assets in China, Germany, Japan, the UK and the US to Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG
- Co-author, “EU adopts autonomous sanctions against North Korea”, Lexology (April 18, 2013)