Kevin J. Angle
Kevin Angle joined Ropes & Gray in 2011 as an associate in the litigation department, and practices in the firm’s business & securities litigation group. He represents companies in complex commercial disputes, securities litigation, and internal investigations including representing large companies in litigation and investigations stemming from highly-publicized data security breaches. Kevin has significant experience drafting dispositive motions, responding to regulatory and payment card brand inquiries, and performing intensive fact and forensic investigations.
Kevin also has an active pro bono practice, which has included direct representation of clients in asylum matters, including individuals fleeing religious persecution. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Kevin worked as a Staff Attorney for the Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem representing clients in misdemeanor criminal proceedings. Prior to law school, Kevin worked as a Legislative Correspondent for Senator Christopher J. Dodd.
- Represents a Fortune 100 Insurance Company with respect to a multi-state investigation arising from a criminal cyber-attack on a certain portion of the company’s computer network.
- Represents Fortune 500 Companies in responding to card brand and regulatory inquiries stemming from data security breaches occurring in 2014 and 2015.
- Currently representing large consumer goods company in defending against putative class action securities claims brought by former shareholders.
- Represented private equity fund sponsor against a shareholder class action alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 in connection with a secondary offering of a portfolio company’s securities, securing dismissal of all claims.
- Represented companies in actions relating to post-closing disputes following acquisitions.
- Represented companies in responding to state attorney general investigations into alleged violations of the False Claims Act.