Michael D. Beauvais
Michael Beauvais, co-chair of the life sciences and digital health practices, has over 18 years of experience representing clients in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare services, and digital health industries. His transactional experience spans a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, divestitures, collaborations, joint ventures and affiliations.
Michael also regularly counsels private equity firms, financial sponsors and other strategic investors on assessing and remediating a target company’s compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including matters related to licensing, privacy and security, corporate practice, fraud and abuse, and Stark.
- Representation of a public medical device company in multiple acquisitions, both domestically and internationally.
- Representation of a public biotechnology company in the divestiture of multiple divisions, including genetic testing, laboratory, and diagnostics.
- Representation of a public healthcare services company in connection with the acquisition and divesture of multiple independent living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Representation of a genomic research institution in its collaboration with sequencing technology company.
- Representation of a public hospital company in the divestiture of a hospital system and ancillary providers.
- Representation of the largest private dental practice management company in the United States in the sale of a controlling interest to a private equity firm.
- Representation of a leading children’s hospital in connection with a strategic affiliation.
- Representation of a regional health system in connection with the sale of a continuing care retirement community and skilled nursing facility.
- Represented Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (UK) in its initial public offering on a U.S. exchange.
- Lead counsel to the underwriters in connection with initial public offerings by Connecture, Medidata, athenahealth, MedAssets and Synta Pharmaceuticals.
- Led a due diligence investigation for a private equity firm of a leading provider of diagnostic information technology, including an assessment of risk areas related to data privacy and security.
- Led a due diligence investigation for a healthcare services company of a specialty pharmaceutical manufacturer, including an assessment of risk areas related to fraud and abuse, self-referrals and off-label promotion.
- Led a due diligence investigation for a private equity firm of multiple substance abuse and treatment centers, including compliance risks related to licensure, false claims and HIPAA compliance.
- Quoted, “Deal Makers Buoyed After JPMorgan Forum Despite Clouds,” Law360 (January 13, 2017)
- Quoted, “Health & Well Being Report,” CBS Radio Network (March 8-10, 2016)
- Co-author, “Clearing Up Developer Health App Questions,” Law360 (February 26, 2016) (Subscription required)
- Co-author, “Modifying CMS Medicare And Medicaid Incentive Programs,” Law360 (July 2, 2014)