Stephanie is temporarily on a full-time secondment at the Kings County District Attorney’s Office.
Stephanie focuses her practice on civil and criminal government enforcement matters and internal investigations for a wide range of companies and individuals, primarily in the healthcare, private equity and financial industries. Stephanie has conducted investigations into alleged anti-corruption violations under the FCPA and UK Bribery Act in several countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
Stephanie also assists a variety of clients with conducting risk-based pre-acquisition deal diligence on cross-border transactions and helps companies to assess their own compliance programs and implement enhancements.
- Regularly conducts pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions due diligence for large private equity firms and other clients in high-risk jurisdictions, including assisting with post-acquisition implementation of enhanced compliance controls.
- Drafts compliance policies for U.S., European and multinational companies addressing compliance with global anti-corruption and sanctions laws and conducts trainings for clients on the same.
- Conducts internal compliance investigations for clients in a number of sectors, including global healthcare, financial services, and manufacturing.
- Conducted an internal investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in China on behalf of a multi-national pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a private equity firm on a global anti-corruption risk assessment.
- Advised a U.S. based international medical device company in an industry-wide FCPA investigation involving countries across Europe, Asia, and South America.
- Represented an investment management firm in investigations by the SEC.
- Represented a large medical device company in cross-border investigations into alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Represented a healthcare company in a government inquiry into compliance with clinical trial registration and results reporting requirements.
- Represented an individual in a DOJ enforcement action related to EPA and consumer protection violations.
Pro Bono Practice
- Represented inmates in New York City jails in a class action against the City of New York, including leading the e-discovery portion of the litigation, drafting motions and memoranda, and taking depositions of key witnesses.
- Successfully obtained asylum in the U.S. for an individual fleeing persecution in his home country based on his sexual orientation.