Julia L. Chen
Julia Chen is an associate in the securities and public companies group. Julia focuses her practice on representing public companies in a variety of transactions including public offerings, private financings and other strategic transactions. In addition, Julia advises clients on securities law compliance, supply chain compliance (including the SEC’s Conflict Minerals Rule) and general corporate matters.
Prior to law school, Julia served eight years in the United States Navy as a surface warfare officer (nuclear). She had tours of duty at sea, and as a Presidential Communications Officer at the White House.
- Represented Canada Goose Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in its $240 million cross-border initial public offering.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide in its public offering of $1 billion of senior notes.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with its acquisition of AstraZeneca’s late-stage small molecule anti-infective business.
- Represented Party City Holdco Inc., a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $325 million initial public offering of Wayfair Inc., one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home.
- Represented HIG Capital in its $392 million tender offer for, and acquisition of, American Pacific Corporation (AMPAC). AMPAC is a leading custom manufacturer of fine chemicals and specialty chemicals within its focused markets in the pharmaceutical, aerospace and defense, fire protection and water treatment industries.
- "Restoring Constitutional Balance: Accommodating the Evolution of War," 53 Boston College Law Review 1767 (2012)