Timothy A. Castelli
Tim focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments. Tim regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on add-on acquisitions, dispositions, general corporate governance matters and management compensation and equity arrangements. He has represented companies and investors in transactions in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, life sciences, information technology, business services, manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in the acquisition of Thomson Reuters’ Intellectual Property & Science Business.
- Represented Mitsubishi Bank in its acquisition of Guggenheim Investments’ mutual fund administration business.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of KODA Distribution Group, a leading specialty chemicals distributor, to Azelis Group.
- Represented HealthSouth Corporation in its acquisition of CareSouth Health System Inc., a private provider of home health services.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of VetCor Professional Practices to Harvest Partners.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of Encompass Home Healthcare to HealthSouth.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of Strategic Healthcare Programs to Roper Industries.
- Represented Pfingsten Partners in its acquisition of Allied Reliability Group, an international provider of predictive maintenance and condition-based monitoring services.
- Represented Cressey & Company in connection with its acquisition of Unitek Information Systems, a leading provider of healthcare education and IT training.
- Represented TPG Capital and Fenwal Inc. in the sale of Fenwal to Fresenius Kabi.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners and Bain Capital Ventures in connection with the sale of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in its acquisition of Emdeon Inc., a payment cycle management solutions company.
- Represented TPG Capital in the proposed issuance and sale of senior notes to help finance the acquisition of J.Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer.
- “Not Guilty by Association: Why the Taint of their Blank Check Predecessors Should Not Stunt the Growth of Modern Special Purpose Acquisition Companies,” 50 Boston College Law Review 237 (2009)