Melissa C. Danforth
Melissa Danforth is temporarily on a full-time client secondment.
Melissa Danforth focuses her practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and other general corporate matters in a broad range of industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa served with the U.S. Department of State as special assistant to the U.S. Ambassador to Ireland and as an associate director in The White House Executive Office of the President.
- Represented TPG Capital LP-backed Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. in its $490 million acquisition of JHP Group Holdings LLC, a leading manufacturer of sterile injectable products.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in the going-private transaction of China-based Pactera Technology International Ltd. The financing involved a $275 million U.S. high yield bond offering, a $30 million offshore revolving facility, a $45 million cash bridge facility and a $20 million equivalent PRC revolving facility.
- Represented Gordon Brothers Group, LLC in its sale of its asset-based lending business and a portfolio of approximately $269 million of loans.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. on the refinancing of its senior secured credit facility with a new whole-business securitization comprised of $2.6 billion in fixed rate and variable funding securitization notes.
- Represented Bain Capital in its investment in TOMS Shoes.
- Represented The TJX Companies Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide, in its acquisition of Trade Secret, an off-price retailer with 35 stores in Australia.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its investment in Douglas Products and Packaging LLC, a manufacturer and distributer of specialty chemical products for pest management, thermal fluids and sanitary sewer applications.