Isabel K.R. Dische
Isabel focuses her practice on issues relating to hedge funds, private equity funds and derivatives. She has experience structuring and advising a range of hedge funds and other private funds and their sponsors. Isabel regularly assists funds and their sponsors with legal and risk management questions (including Advisers Act compliance issues) and with fund restructurings when necessary.
Isabel represents a number of large investors (both U.S. and non-U.S.) with respect to their private equity, commodity, infrastructure, real estate and hedge fund investments. She also advises clients in connection with co-investment, mezzanine, and secondary transactions.
As part of the Supply Chain Compliance and Corporate Social Responsibility practice, Isabel advises investment advisers and institutional investors on ESG policies and procedures.
Isabel regularly advises “buy side” clients including hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, endowments, foundations and corporations on derivatives and trading arrangements.
Prior to law school, Isabel spent two years as an associate at Atlas Venture.
- Advises various European, Asian and Canadian sovereign investors on their co-investment and secondaries programs.
- Represents buyers and fund sponsors in GP recapitalizations and structured secondary transactions.
- Represents a U.S. investment adviser on a Brazilian joint venture arrangement.
- Negotiation of seed capital investments in and on behalf of fund sponsors.
- Represents a U.S. investment adviser with respect to the launch and operation of its over 30 distinct hedge fund strategies, including equity, fixed income, currency, asset allocation and special situation strategies.
- Represents a credit fund manager on their co-investment platform and various SMA/fund-of-one arrangements.
- Regularly advises “buy side” clients on the negotiation of ISDA master agreements, triparty agreements for collateral posted under ISDA master agreements, securities lending arrangements, Master Repurchase Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements, tri-party custodial undertakings, prime brokerage arrangements, term commitments and securities lending arrangements.
- Regularly advises clients on the implications of Commodity Futures Trading Commission rulemaking, including the rescission of registration exemptions, changes in position limits and aggregation, and the inclusion of swaps in the definitions of commodity pool, commodity pool operator and commodity trading advisor.
- Quoted, “Large Tax Bill Looms for Hedge Fund Managers,” FundFire (June 7, 2017)
- Quoted, “How Hedge Fund Managers Can Design an ESG Investing Policy (Part Two of Two),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (November 17, 2016)
- Quoted, “The Past, Present and Future of ESG Investing in the Hedge Fund Industry (Part One of Two),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (November 10, 2016)
- Quoted, “Swap Margin Segregation Decision Awaits IAs,” Compliance Intelligence (April 17, 2014)
- Co-author, “Segregation of Initial Margin Posted in Connection with Uncleared Swaps,” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (April 19, 2014)
- Panelist, “2017 In Review: The Hedge Funds Industry,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (January 10, 2018)
- Panelist, “Socially Responsible Investing for Asset Managers,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (October 26, 2017)
- Panelist, “Navigating the Regulatory Landscape in Private Equity,” Kayo Women’s Private Markets Summit (October 2, 2017)
- Panelist, “The next 10 years of responsible investment: Signatories’ perspectives,” A Blueprint for Responsible Investment – New York (June 27, 2017)
- Panelist, “A View from Washington: The First 100 Days,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (April 24, 2017)
- Host, Responsible Investments for Institutional Investors in Hedge Funds (November 3, 2016)
- Event Chairperson, iGlobal Forum’s Co-Investment Summit (March 2, 2016)
- Moderator, “Closing The Deal: Case Study In A Successful Co-Investment,” iGlobal Forum’s Co-Investment Summit (March 2, 2016)