Jamie E. Darch
Jamie Darch (Liebert) joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 and practices as an associate in the health care group. Jamie provides transactional, regulatory and compliance advice to a range of health care clients, including pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, hospitals, provider groups, academic medical centers and health care-focused private equity funds.
Jamie has worked on an array of transactions, including private equity deals, joint ventures and academic affiliations. Jamie advises clients on compliance with health care regulatory laws, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, HIPAA and state laws governing licensure and professional practice. Jamie has also assisted medical device and pharmaceutical companies in adhering to industry best practices.
- Advised a hospital desiring to offer a web-based consultation service to patients in other states on compliance with state licensure, telemedicine, and professional practice laws.
- Assisted a medical device company with the implementation of a compliance program and provided ongoing compliance advice regarding discounts, evaluation products, and innovative sales models.
- Advised both covered entities and manufacturers on compliance with the 340B Drug Discount Program.
- Developed a compliance training program for a provider group regarding health care fraud, waste and abuse.
- Co-Author, “Small-Breach Focus Shows Growing Scope Of HIPAA Probes,” Law360 (September 27, 2016)
- Co-author, “LabMD and FTC's Attempt to Expand Data Security Authority,” Law360 (August 3, 2016)