Adam N. Eckart
Adam Eckart is an associate practicing in the antitrust practice group. Adam has experience counseling domestic and multinational business entities in a range of antitrust matters, with a particular focus on merger control issues. Adam advises clients in a range of industries, including private equity funds, mutual funds and investment advisors, technology companies, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare companies, and public and private operating companies, among others, in connection with merger control obligations under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and foreign merger control regimes. In this respect, Adam regularly coordinates US filings and has coordinated foreign merger control clearances in multiple jurisdictions for clients, including Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union and its member states, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, and Ukraine, among others. Adam also has experience counseling clients with respect to gun jumping and merger advocacy issues.
During law school, Adam worked in the in-house legal department of a publicly-traded global energy company.
- Co-author, “Navigating HSR: Key Exemptions,” American Bar Association (May 2017)
- Contributor, ABA Section for Antitrust Law, Private Equity Antitrust Handbook (1st ed. 2016)
- Co-author, “Hart-Scott-Rodino: The Year Ahead,” Law360 (January 26, 2016)
- Contributor, ABA Section for Antitrust Law, Premerger Notification Practice Manual (5th ed. 2015)
- Co-author, “A Narrowing Of The HSR Investment-Only Exemption” Law360 (September 9, 2015)
- Co-author, “7 HSR Filing Reminders From Berkshire Hathaway Case,” Law360 (September 26, 2014)
- Author, “Jumping the Gun: Navigating Antitrust Laws Before Closing the Merger,” American Bar Association (March 2014)
- Co-Author “Minority acquisitions and merger control: a way forward for the EU,” Global Competition Review (January 9, 2014)
- Co-author "HSR Rule Changes: A Look Back (and Ahead)," CPI Antitrust Chronicle (May 2013)
- Presenter, “Private Equity and Antitrust,” American Bar Association (May 4, 2017)
- Presenter, “Hart-Scott-Rodino Act: Recent Developments Uncovered,” The Knowledge Group (August 18, 2016)