Daniel E. Fine
Daniel Fine joined the litigation department of Ropes & Gray as an associate in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Daniel clerked for the Honorable Indira Talwani of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and worked as a litigation associate at a large international law firm. Daniel has experience litigating securities and complex commercial cases and in advising clients in white collar and regulatory investigations.
During law school, Daniel clerked in the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office, District of Massachusetts, and interned in the Appellate Unit of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.
Matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented large financial institution in connection with various disputes related to residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented client in connection with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigation.
- Represented hedge fund and principal officer in insider trading investigation.
- Represented hedge fund in dispute over life settlement investments.
- Advised investment management company regarding impending contractual dispute.
- Represented current and former detainees at Rikers Island challenging jail’s improper use of solitary confinement.
- Joshua Levy and Daniel Fine, “1st Circ. Affirms Narrow Scope of Federal Criminal Statutes,” Law360 (January 23, 2017)