Sarah V. Ferranti
Sarah is a senior attorney practicing in the corporate department’s health care group. Sarah regularly provides transactional, compliance, and regulatory advice to a range of health care clients, including hospital systems, academic medical centers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and long-term care providers. She has assisted these clients on mergers and acquisitions, government investigations, clinical research matters, compliance plans and employee trainings, and licensure. Sarah also works with clients on compliance with fraud and abuse laws and data privacy and security laws.
- Represented non-profit educational institution in corporate affiliation with leading academic and research institution.
- Conducted gap analysis of health information privacy and security policies and procedures for multiple health care clients.
- Assisted health care client with internal fraud and abuse investigation into potentially inappropriate referrals.
- Negotiated managed care agreements, including alternative quality contracts, for academic medical center and affiliated physician organizations.
- Advised long-term care clients on health care aspects of multiple acquisition and refinancing transactions involving facilities across the U.S.
- Advised a university on strategic and governance questions related to its affiliated health system.
- Ongoing representation of industry sponsors and research institutions in connection with clinical trials and protection of human subjects.
- Ongoing representation of hospital system in connection with affiliations and network development, privacy issues, and Medicare Shared Savings Program implementation.
- Co-author, “HIPAA Final Rule Clarifies Major Research Issues,” Bloomberg BNA’s Medical Research Law & Policy Report (February 6, 2013)
- Co-Author, "Buyer Beware: OIG Shines A Spotlight on Provider Relationships with Long Term Care Pharmacies," Provider Magazine (August 2010)