Jieni is a partner in the firm’s mergers & acquisitions group. She has a wealth of experience in cross-border M&A, private equity, foreign direct investment, and general corporate matters. Jieni has advised on various complex transactional and regulatory matters for multinational companies as well as major state-owned Chinese enterprises across a wide range of industry sectors including life sciences, financial institutions, real estate, manufacturing, and energy and natural resources. Jieni passed the PRC Bar Exam.
- Represented Shunhua Vacuum Coating in connection with the sale of Axilone, a Europe-headquartered packaging supplier to the cosmetics industry.
- Represented CITIC Capital in the consortium for the $600 million acquisition of the sexual health division of Australia-listed medical products supplier Ansell.
- Represented Aier Eye Hospital Group Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of a 75 percent stake in Wang Vision Institute for $18 million.
- Represented China Oceanwide in connection with its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, International Data Corporation, IDG Communications and IDG Ventures. Winner for “Deal of the Year” in 2017 by China Business Law Journal.
- Represented Zhejiang Hailiang in its acquisition of Luvata Tubes Asian operations.
- Represented Zhejiang Hailiang Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of JMF Company.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented China Shenhua Overseas Development & Investment Co. in its shale gas-related acquisition and joint development agreement with Energy Corporation of America.
- Represented Hainan Airline Group in its various overseas acquisitions.
- Represented AT&T in its sale of AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management.
- Represented UnionBanCal Corp. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Pacific Capital Bancorp.
- Represented Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the purchase of newly issued shares of common stock of NEW Asurion.
- Represented Tokio Marine Holding in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Delphi Financial Group.
- Represented Bucyrus International in its $8.6 billion acquisition by Caterpillar.
- Represented Royal Bank of Canada in the sale of its wholly owned U.S. life insurance subsidiary, Liberty Life Insurance Co., to Athene Holding.
- Represented Rhone Capital III in its sale of pine chemicals producer Arizona Chem Sweden Holdings AB to affiliates of American Securities LLC and General Electric.
- Represented UIL Holdings Corp. in its $1.36 billion acquisition of Southern Connecticut Gas Co., Connecticut Natural Gas Corp. and the Berkshire Gas Co. from Iberdrola USA.
- Represented American International Group and ALICO Holdings in the $6.8 billion sale of American Life Insurance Co. and Delaware American Life Insurance Co. to Metlife.
- Represented Tygris Commercial Finance Group in its $535 million sale to EverBank Financial Corp.