Jieni is a partner in the firm’s mergers & acquisitions group. She has a wealth of experience in cross-border M&A, private equity, foreign direct investment, and general corporate matters. Jieni has advised on various complex transactional and regulatory matters for multinational companies as well as major state-owned Chinese enterprises across a wide range of industry sectors including life sciences, financial institutions, real estate, manufacturing, and energy and natural resources. Jieni passed the PRC Bar Exam.
- Represented CITIC Capital in the consortium for the $600 million acquisition of the sexual health division of Australia-listed medical products supplier Ansell.
- Represented Aier Eye Hospital Group Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of a 75 percent stake in Wang Vision Institute for $18 million.
- Represented China Oceanwide in connection with its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, International Data Corporation, IDG Communications and IDG Ventures.
- Represented Zhejiang Hailiang in its acquisition of Luvata Tubes Asian operations.
- Represented Zhejiang Hailiang Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of JMF Company.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented China Shenhua Overseas Development & Investment Co. in its shale gas-related acquisition and joint development agreement with Energy Corporation of America.
- Represented Hainan Airline Group in its various overseas acquisitions.
- Represented AT&T in its sale of AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management.
- Represented UnionBanCal Corp. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Pacific Capital Bancorp.
- Represented Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the purchase of newly issued shares of common stock of NEW Asurion.
- Represented Tokio Marine Holding in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Delphi Financial Group.
- Represented Bucyrus International in its $8.6 billion acquisition by Caterpillar.
- Represented Royal Bank of Canada in the sale of its wholly owned U.S. life insurance subsidiary, Liberty Life Insurance Co., to Athene Holding.
- Represented Rhone Capital III in its sale of pine chemicals producer Arizona Chem Sweden Holdings AB to affiliates of American Securities LLC and General Electric.
- Represented UIL Holdings Corp. in its $1.36 billion acquisition of Southern Connecticut Gas Co., Connecticut Natural Gas Corp. and the Berkshire Gas Co. from Iberdrola USA.
- Represented American International Group and ALICO Holdings in the $6.8 billion sale of American Life Insurance Co. and Delaware American Life Insurance Co. to Metlife.
- Represented Tygris Commercial Finance Group in its $535 million sale to EverBank Financial Corp.