Alison E. George
Ali George joined Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group in 2012. Ali has a wide range of experience in transactional real estate matters, and focuses especially in real estate joint ventures, investments and finance, including domestic and international repurchase facility structures. Throughout her career, Ali has represented hedge funds, REITs, institutional investors, endowments, operators and developers.
- Represents public mortgage REITs and private investment clients in negotiating and closing over $10 billion in master repurchase facilities from multiple major commercial and investment banks to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States, the United Kingdom and throughout Europe, as well as in the individual financing of over 200 such loans under the various repurchase facilities.
- Represents Harvard Management Company, the investment advisor for the Harvard University endowment in joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, development, and financings of various real estate assets, including timber and natural resource assets.
- Representation of sellers in disposition of privately held REITs through share sales, in excess of $300 million.
- Representation of capital partner in purchase of LP interests in three-party venture holding underlying portfolio of two dozen multifamily properties throughout San Francisco valued in excess of $300 million.
- Representation of Pine Street Inn pro bono in its acquisition, structuring and redevelopment of properties in Brookline, Massachusetts using equity, private construction financing and tax credit investment structures.
- Representation of capital partner in multi-party JV with preferred equity features, for the redevelopment of a multi-parcel assemblage in San Francisco.
- Represents owners in engaging developers and managers for various real estate projects including, office construction, student housing, and hotel development and management.
- Represented an international investor in acquisition of a controlling interest in a U.S. sports franchise and a minority interest in the development of a new arena.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in its acquisition of a major New York City landmark, including transferable development rights.
- Panelist, “Trends in Real Estate Credit Markets,” Kayo Women’s Real Estate Summit, New York City (April 2017)