Shona Ha joined the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in July 2013. She was previously with the London office of a major international law firm.
Shona has acted for a number of leading private equity funds and major international corporations on domestic and cross-border M&A activities.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Advising TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, on the acquisition of Attenda
- Acting for Nordic Capital on equity investment matters related to the acquisition of eResearchTechnology (ERT)
- Acting for Charlesbank on the acquisition of Six Degrees, a managed data services specialist
- Acting for 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel, a provider of tailor-made experiential holidays
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with its proposed acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc
- Acting for European Capital on its leveraged buyout of Cordium Hold Co. Ltd (Cordium) from Sovereign Capital and management
- Acting for Nordic Capital on its acquisition of Lindorff, a financial services company based in the Nordic region
- Acting for Summit Partners on its joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners. Masternaut is a leading European provider of telematics solutions to commercial fleet customers in 32 countries
- Acting for Altice S.A. on its successful initial public offering on the Euronext Amsterdam
- Acting for Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group
Notable transactions in which Shona has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for Lion Capital on the mezzanine lenders led £220 million debt and equity restructuring of the Findus Group
- Acting for HgCapital Mercury in its acquisition of Valueworks
- Acting for Velocity Technology Solutions, a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, on its acquisition of Velos-IT
- Acting for the Doncasters Group, a portfolio company of Dubai International Capital, on the refinancing of its US$1.2 billion lending structure
- Acting for the General Motors Company on its acquisition of European, Latin American and Chinese automotive finance operation of Ally Financial Inc.