Tsuyoshi is the managing partner of the firm's Tokyo office. His practice focuses on leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions. Tsuyoshi regularly works with clients in transactions across Asia and in Japan, and has since the financial crisis represented clients on transactions with an aggregate value of more than $15 billion, including the three largest private equity deals in Japan since 2008.
- Bain Capital, in the sale of shares of Skylark in a secondary offering, and an accelerated bookbuilding offering.
- Bain Capital, in the initial public offering of Macromill Inc., and Bellsystem24 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- M/A-COM Technology Solutions, in its acquisition of FiBest Limited.
- Bain Capital, in its leveraged tender offers for Yukiguni Maitake and Japan Wind Development Company.
- Bain Capital, in its leveraged acquisition of the Ooedo Onsen hotel chain and its subsequent REIT offering.
- Bain Capital, as selling shareholder, in the initial public offering of Skylark Co., Ltd., which valued the company at approximately $2 billion. The transaction was awarded the “2015 Equity Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Bain Capital in the approximately $500 million leveraged tender offer for all of the shares of Macromill Inc.
- Bain Capital in the exit of Suntelephone and sale of Domino’s Pizza Japan, sale of a portion of Domino’s Pizza Japan to Dominos Australia, and sale of 49.9% of Bellsystem24 to Itochu Corporation.
- Bain Capital in its acquisition from Sumitomo Corporation, and subsequent sale to Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd., of 50% of Jupiter Shop Japan Co., Ltd.
- Baring Private Equity in its leveraged buyout of a Japanese business.
- Bain Capital in its $2.1 billion (not including assumed debt) leveraged acquisition of restaurant chain Skylark Co., Ltd. The transaction was awarded the “2012 Debt Finance Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Bain Capital in its approximately $1.1 billion leveraged acquisition of Bellsystem24, the leading call center in Japan. The transaction was sold as part of a competitive auction, and was awarded the “2010 Technology, Media & Telecommunications Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. in the sale of a subsidiary to NBC Universal, Inc.
- Bain Capital in its approximately $500 million leveraged acquisition of D&M Holdings, Inc., a premium speaker and audio devices company. The transaction was sold as part of a competitive auction, and was awarded the “2009 Technology, Media & Telecommunications Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Marubeni Corporation and Tokyo Electric Power Company in their approximately $3.6 billion leveraged acquisition of assets primarily located in the Philippines that was sold in an auction process. That transaction was awarded the Asian Counsel deal of the year for 2007.
- Jupiter Telecommunications, Co., Ltd. in its approximately $1.3 billion initial public offering on the Jasdaq exchange. That transaction was awarded the “Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Carlyle in its approximately $2.2 billion leveraged acquisition of a telecommunications carrier in Japan. That deal was awarded the “M&A Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Quoted, “US Justice Department seeks documents on Kobe Steel scandal,” The Nikkei Asian Review (October 17, 2017)
- Quoted, “A different system: Ropes & Gray marks a decade in Tokyo,” Asian Legal Business (August 15, 2017)
- Quoted, “Japan carve-outs: Chips off the block,” Asian Venture Capital Journal (June 13, 2017)