Julie H. Jones
Julie is a member of Ropes & Gray's Policy Committee, and served as head of the firm’s securities & public companies practice from 2006 to 2011. Julie focuses her practice on representing private equity funds and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and 144A financings. She also counsels clients on a wide range of securities law compliance and governance issues. Her clients include Affiliated Managers Group, The Hanover Insurance Group, J. Crew, LPL Financial, Party City, Silver Lake Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners and TPG Capital.
Julie is a member of the Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and a frequent speaker on securities law matters for the Practising Law Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Law Education and various other professional organizations.
- Represented TPG in the sale of Par Pharmaceuticals to Endo International.
- Represented the underwriters in the proposed IPO of SunGard.
- Represented Affiliated Managers Group in its $350 million bond financing.
- Represented TPG in its acquisition of Arden Group.
- Represented Party City Holdings Inc., a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners, in its IPO and its acquisition of NYSE listed iParty Corp.
- Represented TPG in its investment in Advent Software, Inc.
- Represented Taylor Morrison, one of the largest public homebuilders in North America, in its IPO.
- Representing Avaya, Inc. in its $1.5 billion bond exchange offer and its proposed IPO.
- Represented LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer network, in its $522 million IPO. The IPO is believed to be the largest U.S. IPO of 2010 for a private equity portfolio company.
- Represented TPG in the $3 billion acquisition of J. Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, Inc., a pharmaceutical services provider.
- Julie H. Jones, Peter L. Welsh, and Rodman K. Forter, Jr. “Litigation Risks Remain for Private Equity Sponsors Even After Janus,” Insights
- Julie H. Jones and Cynthia M. McMakin, "Is Your Company Tweeting Towards Trouble? Twitter and Securities Law Compliance," Insights
- Julie H. Jones and Christopher G. Green, “Misappropriation: The Mark Cuban Decision and Its Potential Impact on Insider Trading Law,” Insights