Kristi Jobson is an associate in the Boston office and member of the firm’s business & securities litigation practice group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including cases arising under federal securities law and state contract claims.
Kristi maintains an active pro bono practice, with a particular emphasis on cases affecting the LGBTQ community. She serves as one of the team leads of Project Validate, the firm’s initiative to help transgender individuals obtain amended state and federal identification documents, in partnership with GLBTQ Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) and Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition. In 2017, Project Validate was recognized as the firm’s “team of the year” for outstanding pro bono service at the annual Ropes & Gray Pro Bono Awards ceremony.
Kristi clerked on the Massachusetts Appeals Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Prior to law school, Kristi taught elementary and middle school students in New York City as a Teach For America corps member. Currently, she teaches legal writing and analysis to LL.M. students at Harvard Law School.
- Counsel to hedge fund creditor in high-profile bankruptcy litigation regarding the sale of debtors’ assets
- Represent several independent directors of a Delaware corporation in expedited litigation arising out of contested proxy contest
- Represent technology company in disclosure-based class action litigation brought by shareholders seeking to enjoin merger transaction, securing dismissal of all actions with no mootness fees paid to plaintiffs or their counsel
- Advise private equity client in litigation matters relating to largest private equity and leveraged finance deal ever seen in Asia
- Represent major pharmaceutical company in intervened False Claims Act litigation alleging fraudulent Medicaid price reporting
- Counsel to large medical device manufacturer in breach of contract action, guiding client through fact discovery
- Represent therapeutics company and its officers in securities fraud litigation involving allegations of insider trading and misrepresentations of drug trial results
- Conduct internal anti-corruption investigation for large Medicaid managed healthcare plan
- Advise television network regarding contract dispute with data provider, negotiating successful resolution for client
- Represent former board members of a publicly held company in SEC investigation regarding claims of violations of federal securities laws
- Partanen v. Gallagher – author amicus brief on behalf of coalition of child advocates and child advocacy groups in landmark Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court case addressing the parental rights of unmarried same-sex couples
- Barber v. Bryant – member of Ropes team representing amici curiae GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD), American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) in Fifth Circuit case reviewing constitutionality of HB1523, an anti-LGBTQ measure enacted by the Mississippi legislature in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges
- G.G. v. Gloucester County School Board – author amicus brief submitted to the Supreme Court in support of transgender high school student’s right to treatment consistent with his gender identity
- Featured, “Pro Bono Spotlight: Ropes & Gray,” Boston Bar Association (June 12, 2017)
- Speaker, “Transgender Family Day: Updating State and Federal ID Documents,” Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (November 2017)
- Speaker, “Project Validate: Legal Name Changes and Identity Document Updates,” Harvard Law School (April 2017)
- Speaker, “Project Validate: Legal Name Changes and Gender Marker Changes for Minors,” Boston Children’s Hospital (April 2017)
- Speaker, “Remarks on Project Validate, a Partnership between Ropes & Gray and GLAD,” GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) Major Donor Reception (March 2017)
- Speaker, “Legally Trans,” University of Connecticut (February 2017)