Arla Kerr is counsel in the business and securities litigation group in London, having joined Ropes & Gray in 2011.
Arla has a wide range of experience in commercial and financial services litigation. Arla’s experience includes advising in relation to contractual and lending disputes, competition damages claims, warranty claims, multi-jurisdiction and privilege issues. She is also experienced in advising corporates and individuals subject to investigation by regulators.
Arla has previously worked in general and commercial litigation in New Zealand, including appearing as junior and sole counsel in the courts in New Zealand.
- Acting for Polar Air Cargo LLC, a US-based cargo airline, in connection with long-running air cargo cartel proceedings brought in the English High Court.
- Acting for an investor in a luxury hotel development in relation to a £30m warranty claim in the English High Court.
- Acting for a hedge fund in relation to claims arising from a proposed real estate joint venture.
- Representing a sponsor and NOMAD subject to an investigation by the FCA.
- Representing a financial advisory firm in relation to an SFO investigation.
- Advising an individual in connection with fraud proceedings in the English High Court, following investigations by the US and UK regulators.
- Advising individuals in US and UK criminal and regulatory investigations of alleged collusion among banks in the setting of LIBOR.
- Advising individuals in international anti-money laundering and OFAC investigations.