Manpreet Kaur joined Ropes & Gray in April 2015 as an associate in the firm’s private equity real estate group in London.
Manpreet has a wide range of experience in transactions with a real estate asset focus, including landlord and tenant matters, investment sales and acquisitions (single assets and portfolios) and real estate finance transactions and restructurings (including bilateral and syndicated loans, private and publicly listed bond issues and securitisations).
- Dutch pension fund APG on its acquisition of a 75 per cent. interest in a joint venture with TH Real Estate, with a combined equity commitment of c.£800 million, to develop the £1 billion 1.7 million sq.ft. St James Centre in Edinburgh, one of the UK’s largest private regeneration projects. Edinburgh St James will comprise 850,000 sq. ft. of retail space, anchored by John Lewis, a 30-screen cinema, a world class W Hotel comprising 214 rooms, up to 250 private apartments, 20 restaurants and 1,600 car parking spaces
- Acting for a joint venture between two US investors on its sale of 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London for circa £243 million
- A U.S. private equity investment firm on its opportunistic UK and European real estate investments with various operating partners
- Acting for a land owner in relation to the development of a £340 million waste to energy power facility to be built and operated by US-owned energy from waste specialist Wheelabrator Technologies
- Acting for a European real estate investment firm on its acquisition of multiple shopping centres in the UK.
- Acting for US private equity client on its acquisition of shares in a public company that along with its subsidiaries owned a £675 million property portfolio, comprising high end central London office blocks, residential flats and industrial parks.