PartnerMichael Kazakevich joined the finance group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2010.
Michael’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions. He has advised issuers and underwriters in connection with high yield debt issues, secured leveraged loans, initial and follow-on public equity offerings, tender offers and acquisition financing commitments.
- Acting for CSC Holdings, LLC, a fully-owned subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation and an indirect subsidiary of Altice N.V., in connection with the offering of US$1.31 billion 5½% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2027 to refinance a portion of its US$3.8 billion existing Term Loan Facility
- Acting for Altice NV on its cross-border equity and debt financing for the acquisition of Cablevision, the leading cable system operator in the New York metropolitan area. The $10.6 billion debt financing package included a $3.8 billion covenant lite term loan, $2 billion revolving facility and three tranches of high yield notes: the offering of US$1.8 billion 101/8% Senior Notes due 2023, US$2 billion 107/8% Senior Notes due 2025 and US$1 billion 65/8% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2025 and Altice NV also raised €1.6 billion via an equity placement through the accelerated book build method.
- Acting for Altice Financing S.A. in connection with the offering of US$2.75 billion 7½% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 to refinance certain existing Senior Secured Notes and Term Loan Facilities
- Acting for Numericable-SFR in relation to its US$5.1 billion high yield bond offering and refinancing of existing debt
- Acting for Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of Suddenlink, the seventh largest cable system operator in the United States
- Acting for Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordea in connection with the €1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services
- Acting for Altice and Numericable Group in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR
- Acting for Altice Financing S.A. and Altice Finco S.A. in connection with the offering of US$400 million 6½% Senior Secured Notes due 2022, €300 million 6½% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and US$400 million 8⅛% Senior Notes due 2024. Proceeds of the Notes were used to finance a majority ownership in Orange Dominicana
- Acting for Altice VII S.à r.L. on a US$1.0 billion covenant lite term loan, a €250 million senior notes issuance and €125 million in other bank financing in connection with the acquisition of Groupe Outremer Telecom S.A. and Oni SGPS S.A. and the fold-in of certain business owned by Altice VII into the existing restricted financing group
- Acting for Altice VII S.à r.L. in connection with the US$1.1 billion financing in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd., an Israeli telecommunications company
- Acting for Liberty Global Inc. in connection with the financing for its approximate €3.16 billion acquisition of Germany's third-largest cable TV operator Kabel BW Erste Beteiligungs GmbH, from Swedish private equity group EQT Partners AB
- Acting for Vision Capital in connection with the €260 million bridge loan and €250 million 10% senior secured notes due 2018 to finance Vision Capital's acquisition of a portfolio of investments from Banco Popolare, including Bormioli Rocco, the international glass and plastic packaging manufacturer