Resident in the firm’s Boston office since 2004, Peter advises on a wide range of matters encountered by private investment funds and other institutional investors in their internal matters, when raising capital and when making investments.
Having extensive experience in the formation of private equity funds, funds-of-funds, credit funds, venture capital funds and hedge funds for both emerging and well-established firms, Peter brings deep insight to the fundraising process. Peter also assists private investment funds organize their internal firm structures and governance matters. Moreover, he regularly works with private investment funds as well as other institutional clients in the negotiation and execution of domestic and international transactions, “spinoffs” of investment professionals from large financial institutions, and general corporate and securities matters.
Some of Peter’s clients include Bain Capital, Constitution Capital Partners, Cressey & Company, Grantham Mayo Van Otterloo & Co., Hamilton Lane Advisors, Harvard Management Company, and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its domestic and international offering of a multi-billion dollar leveraged buy-out private equity fund.
- Represented a large New York-based investment bank in its domestic and international offering of several multi-billion dollar funds of funds.
- Represented a mid-market private equity sponsor in its domestic and international offering of a $600 million health care focused leveraged buy-out fund.
- Represented a large alternative asset management firm in implementing arrangements for internal carry allocation mechanics and co-investment arrangements.
- Represented a large New York-based financial institution in the launch of a credit fund platform, spanning both junior and senior lending products.
- Represented a large New York-based financial institution in its domestic and international offering of a $1.5 billion co-investment fund.
- Represented a private equity sponsor with a fund restructuring in a stapled secondary transaction.
- Represented a private investment fund sponsor with an extensive internal reorganization of its firm and business relationships.
- Represented a private equity platform with its spinoff from a larger financial institution.
- Represented both retiring founders and successors in several succession arrangements.
- Represented an institutional investor in connection with several multi-national investment joint ventures.
- Represented a new venture capital firm in raising its first venture capital fund and its first investment.
- Represented an asset management firm in multiple domestic and international offerings of collateralized loan obligation funds totaling several billion dollars.
- Quoted, “Shouldering the burden of legal fees,” Private Funds Management (October 3, 2016)
- Quoted, House votes to expand ‘accredited investor’ definition,” Private Equity International / Private Funds Management (February 4, 2016)
- Speaker, "Fund Formation Legal Update," Fund Finance Summer Update (September 7, 2017)
- Speaker, “International Offerings of U.S. Private Investment Funds,” Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (June 8, 2017)
- Speaker, “Waterfall Discussion: Variations in Structuring Carried Interest Waterfall Models,” Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and RSM US LLP Private Equity Asset Manager Summit (May 18, 2016)